TEAM Canada Only
Standardizations, Committees and Consultations
- June-July 2012: Consultant: Responsible for the design, development and first time delivery of a two-week, full time course on the preservation of digital records for the students of the Master of Archival Studies Programs at the Universities of Gakushuin, Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan.
- 2012-present: Member, American National Standard (ANS) Working Group on "Managing Electronic Messages as Records," Standards/Best Practices Application-Procedures TR.
- 2012-present: Member, San Jose State University’s School of Library and Information Science Center for Information Research and Innovation (CIRI), International Advisory Board.
- March-April 2011: Consultant, Responsible for the design, development and first time delivery of a one-week, full time course on the preservation of digital records for the employees of the Israeli government agencies. Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 2011-present: Expert representing Canada, International Standards Organization (ISO), TC171 SC 2 – Ad Hoc Group for the development of project NWI/TS Record management application.
- 2011-present: Member, International Conference on Integrated Information (IC-ININFO) scientific committee and the advisory board of the journal and book series.
- 2010-present: Honorary Member, Associazione Nazionale per Operatori e Responsabili della Conservazione Digitale (ANORC).
April-December 2010: Member, Albo-On-Line Ad Hoc Committee to draft the related legislation and guidelines for legal records online: Albo On-Line (AOL).
:: Consultation ::
- May-December 2010: Advisor, Andrew Mellon Foundation—"Computer forensics and born-digital content in cultural heritage collections," a report published by the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) (University of Maryland), CLIR publication no. 149.
:: Report ::
- July 2007-September 2008, April 2010: Consultant, CSI (Consorzio per l’informatica della pubblica amministrazione) Piemonte—Progetto Gestione Documentale degli Enti (Citta' di Torino, Provincia di Torino, Regione Piemonte), Italy.
- 2010-2012: Member, American National Standard (ANS) Working Group on "Managing Electronic Messages as Records."
- 2010-present: Strategic Research Adviser, China's Research Center on Electronic Records.
- 2009-2012: Member, Italy’s Ministry of Universities and Research, Grants Applications Reviewing Committee for Archival Science, Media and Information Technology, appointed by the Minister.
- 2009-2012: Member, Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Standard Grants Adjudicating Committee 30 (Social Work, Library and Information Studies, and Career Counselling).
- February 2008: Consultant, Responsible for the design, development and delivery of a one-week, full time course on digital records for the employees of the Catalan administration. Barcelona, Spain.
- 2008-2011: Member, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), CAC/TC 46/SC11/W8 - Records Management Terminology.
- 2007-2008: Consultant, CSI (Consorzio per l’informatica della pubblica amministrazione) Piemonte—Progetto Gestione Documentale degli Enti (Citta' di Torino, Provincia di Torino, Regione Piemonte).
- 2005-2008: Member and Co-director, The Daniel Langlois Foundation for Art, Science and Technology. Steering Committee for Documentation and Conservation of Media Art Heritage: Research and Case Studies.
- 2007-2014: Member, UNESCO International Advisory Committee (IAC) of the Memory of the World (MOW) Programme, appointed by the Director General and serving in a personal capacity.
- 2005-2013: Member, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), CAC/TC 46/SC11/W1 - Archives/Records Management.
- 2005-2008: Member, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, Advisory Committee in the Electronic Records Archives (ACERA), appointed by the Archivist of the United States.
- 1998-2012: Partner, International Records Management Trust (IRMT), London, England.
- 2007-2008: Member, Editorial Board, Technical Specifications for the Model Requirements for the Management of Electronic Records—part 2 (MoReq2), European Commission.
:: Consultation ::
- 2007-2014: Italy’s Supreme Council for Cultural Properties. Government-appointed member to the Technical Committee on Archives and to the Publication Committee.
- 1998-2012: Partner, International Records Management Trust (IRMT, London, England).
The IRMT is involved in the development of an International Centre for Recorded Information Management, whose objective is to provide advice to English speaking developing countries around the world on the management of traditional and electronic records for the purpose of maintaining intact their reliability and authenticity as sources of information for legal, administrative and cultural purposes.
InterPARES 3 Project
- September 20, 2010 – Comments on "Implications of Web-Based, Collaborative Technologies in Records Management," submitted to ARMA International, 20 September 2010.
:: Project position submission ::
- 2012: Consultant, DirectSwap – A Derivative Exchange Metadata Schema.
- 2012: Consultant, Artefactual Systems – Archivematica Digital Records Software System.
- 2010-2011: Member, Metadata Task Force for Dissemination Information Packages.
- 2009: Consultant, Government of Canada, Government Records Branch of the Library and Archives Canada – Records Metadata.
- 2007-2010: Member, Dublin Core Education Application Profile Working Group.
- 2006-present: Member, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative Usage Board.
Have contributed to the review, editing and revision of the following recommendations and standards:
- ISO 15836: 2014 Information and documentation -- The Dublin Core metadata element set
- Dublin Core Metadata Terms :: Link ::
- Dublin Core Metadata Element Set, Version 1.1 :: Link ::
- NISO Standard Z39.85-2007 :: Link ::
- DCMI Type Vocabulary :: Link ::
- DC Collections Application Profile :: Link ::
- Scholarly Works Application Profile
:: Link ::
- Criteria for the Review of Application Profiles :: Link ::
- 2005-present: Member, Advisory Board to the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.